Russ and Daughters, the quintessential appetizing store on Manhattan’s Lower East Side, will open a new outpost this spring in the Jewish Museum. The collaboration will bring a second outpost of the Russ and Daughters Café to the Warburg mansion, with 75 seats of sit-down, full-service dining as well as a take-out retail counter in a Solomonoff Architecture Studio-designed space.
The Jewish Museum was founded in 1900 and moved into the Warburg mansion in 1944. The Museum has been an ever-growing and evolving collection of art reflecting global Jewish identity since then. Works of modern and contemporary art are regularly presented in exhibitions that represent an unparalleled window into the Jewish culture for current and future generations to enjoy.
Russ and Daughters, which was established in 1914, will serve its signature selection of cured fish, bagels, knishes, salads, and egg creams in the new space. The appetizing store and brand have been family owned for four generations, and just recently branched out with its café, also located on the LES. This is a great moment in the history of both institutions and the Jewish cultural history in NYC.
To read more, please click here